Mentors inspire, encourage, and support you, and contribute to your professional and personal development. You can expect to strengthen and build your network, and gain the skills and confidence necessary to excel.
- How do I choose a Mentor? First complete your profile with information on what help you are looking for. Then browse through the list of mentors and create mentoring request.
- How long will the mentors be available? We ask our mentors to make commitments of at least six months to one year in order to ensure that the mentee is able to fully benefit from the relationship. If a mentor must leave the relationship early, we request at least one month's notice in order to search for a replacement mentor with similar background.
- The relationship is not going well or I am concerned about mentorship, what can I do? We encourage letting the mentor know about the situation and contact the Admin immediately. We will provide our full support to resolve the situation in a positive and satisfactory manner.
Discover the perfect resource for your career growth here.
- TAKE A PROACTIVE ROLE IN SHAPING UP THE RELATIONSHIP
- Understand what you want from the mentoring relationship and communicate your goals and aspirations to your mentor. Balance personal and professional relationship with your mentor.
- Set aside time for the mentoring process and keep all scheduled appointments with your mentor and display professional behavior.
- PUT THE TIME WITH MENTOR TO THE BEST USE. Come to meetings with mentor prepared with planned topics.
- Respond in a timely manner to your mentor's feedback. Respond to emails from your mentor at most two days after receipt.
- Be open and honest with your mentor about your challenges and weaknesses.
- If something concerning the mentor needs to be discussed with others, it should first be discussed within the mentoring relationship.
- Ask for advice on everything. Have a purpose in each request.
- Blame the mentor if his or her advice doesn't work out.
- Expect the mentor to know all the answers.
- Commit yourself to obligations you cannot keep.
- Cancel meetings/visits with your mentor at the last minute.